Minimally Invasive Facial Rejuvenation in the Dental Practice (Part 3)
CE Hours: 3
Learning Method: Self Study
Release Date: 5/11/2021
Review Date: 6/8/2021
Expiration Date: 5/11/2024
Course DescriptionA 3-part pre-recorded webinar series in the Cosmetic Application of Botulinum Toxin and Facial Dermal Fillers for the Dental Professional
The demand for minimally invasive cosmetic procedures has grown dramatically over the last decade. Dentists by virtue of their education, training and experience have an intimate knowledge of the anatomy of the face and are well positioned to offer these products and services to their patients. This course will provide an introduction to neuromodulators and most frequently used cosmetic facial fillers available in the US. This presentation will provide an overview of applied facial anatomy and how to systematically evaluate a face for minimally invasive cosmetic procedures. an overview of the various products and their clinical applications for their use along with a detailed discussion of injection techniques, dosages and potential complications. Marketing in the age of social media will be reviewed and finally a discussion of state and medial legal aspects of delivering minimally invasive facial esthetic procedures.
In the third session of this pre-recorded webinar, Dr. Towne will lead the group in a review of the actual techniques involved with the placement of the different products in different sites. Potential risks and complications associated with the injections and how to manage will also be presented. Closing out the pre-recorded webinar will be a discussion of the medico-legal aspects of incorporating these services into a dental practice. How do you think of marketing and positioning? How do you best optimize your team to effectively deliver these services?
At the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Discuss the potential complications of different types of fillers
- Understand the best practices for marketing a cosmetic practice
- Describe the basic techniques associated with the delivery of neuromodulators and injectable fillers
- Discuss the potential complications of neuromodulators
- Understand the medical legal environment in the delivery minimally invasive procedures to patients
- Available 24/7 on demand access
- Online exam
- Please take exam in one sitting
- Exam graded immediately
- Able to re-take exam if needed
- Certificate available after passing course
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a self-study lecture presented via pre-recorded webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the pre-recorded webinar and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts."
What People Are Saying
- "Thank you!"
Georgene C. - DDS
- "Excellent course"
Natalie A. - DMD
- "May I take the opportunity to express appreciation for the work you do. Your organization skills, presentation style, and course content are on a par with the best from academia and dental societies. You are always a reliable source for quality education hours."
B.P. - DDS
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978