3 Days Left Until the Online Event
Radiology & Oral Pathology: A Review That Sticks
8 Live CEUs
Date + Time:
Friday, May 14, 2021
8:30 am - 5:00 pm CDTAdd Reminder 5/14/20218:30 am 5/14/20215:00 pm CDT Radiology & Oral Pathology: A Review That Sticks In this live webinar, Dr. Svirsky will walk attendees through a full review of radiology for Dentists and Dental Hygienists. Dr. Svirsky will walk the audience through a number of common cases as a way of reacquainting the audience with key radiographic entities common to the dental practice. There will be an emphasis on common radiolucent and radiopaque lesions. In the second session, Dr. Svirsky will review the 26 soft tissue lesions that every dentist and hygienist should know and treat appropriately. As Dr. Svirsky reviews interesting cases he's encountered, we will discuss the recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of the various lesions.
RDH or Aux. in attendance with Dentist: $130.00
Course Description25 Shades of Grey and a Whole Lot Less Risqué
This live webinar is designed to be a full review of radiology for Dentists and Dental Hygienists. Dr. Svirsky will walk the audience through a number of common cases as a way of reacquainting the audience with key radiographic entities common to the dental practice. There will be an emphasis on common radiolucent and radiopaque lesions. In addition, Dr. Svirsky will spend some time highlighting the bizarre and unusual cases he’s encountered throughout his career.
- Common/Important Radiolucencies
- Periapical Pathosis (cyst, granuloma, abscess, scar)
- Dentigerous Cyst
- Residual Cyst
- Odontogenic Keratocyst
- Traumatic Bone Cyst
- Lateral Periodontal Cyst
- Nasopalatine Duct Cyst
- Central Giant Cell Granuloma
- Lingual Mandibular Bone Defect
- Common/Important Radiopacities
- Condensing Osteitis
- Impacted Tooth
- Root Tips
- Supernumerary Tooth
- Common/Important Radiolucencies/Radiopacities
- Periapical Cemental Dysplasia
- Florid Osseous Dysplasia
- Central Ossifying Fibroma
Come in and Catch it: The Review that Sticks
This is the perfect review course that covers the recognition, diagnosis and treatment of the 26 soft tissue lesions that every dentist and hygienist should know and treat appropriately. A number of the entities only require recognition. The classic lesions that have been forgotten since school will be brought back to life and your diagnostic confidence will be re-energized. At the end of the course the management of xerostomia will be discussed. Dr. Svirsky makes oral pathology fun!
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
- 26 Soft Tissue Lesions to be discussed:
- Materia Alba
- Aspirin burn
- Cotton roll burn
- Linea alba
- Morsicatio baccarum (cheek chewing)
- Nicotine stomatitis
- Tobacco pouch keratosis
- Lichen Planus
- Traumatic ulceration
- Aphthous stomatitis/ulceration
- Epulis fissuration/papillary hyperplasia
- Fissured tongue
- Erythema migrans/geographic tongue
- Pyogenic granuloma
- Recurrent herpes labialis (Herpes Virus Type 1)
- Angular cheilitis
- Lingual tonsils/lymphoid aggregate
- Amalgam tattoo
- Oral melanotic macule/labial melanotic macule
- Salivary gland tumors
In addition to the everything we’ve talked about, there’s a few other things that’ll set the day apart:
- A link to the accompanying PDF of the presentation will be emailed the day prior.
- We know it’s a long day! There’ll be plenty of breaks and a clear agenda.
- We’ll have a notetaker sitting in on the entire day! They’ll be diligently taking notes on the presentation. Within the next week, we’ll distribute a copy of the notes.
- A recording of the presentation will be made available. Please note CEs can not be awarded for viewing the recording. Attendees must be present for live event.
- Plenty of interaction and opportunity for Q&A. You'll be able to raise your hand, unmute yourself, and have a conversation with the presenter.
Dr. Svirsky’s sessions will include a live online lecture format to present the subject information incorporating numerous clinical examples to highlight the material. Personal anecdotes, lessons learned, and audience participation will accentuate key points. The interactive approach will include opportunities to ask questions, share information, and have further discussions throughout the day."
At the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate a logical approach to the diagnosis and treatment of common radiopaque lesions found on radiographs.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to the diagnosis and treatment of common radiolucent lesions found on radiographs.
- Recognize the common radiographic lesion found in dental practices.
- Applying practical clinical information immediately applicable to everyday practice.
- Integrate therapeutic regimens used to treat selected oral diseases.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to the diagnosis of the 26 most common oral soft tissue lesions.
- Diagnose and apply newest treatment recommendations for erosive lichen planus and chronic ulcerative stomatitis.
- Recognize the implications of white lesions found in the oral cavity and diagnose and treat appropriately.
- Differentiate oral herpes from aphthous stomatitis and apply newest treatment recommendations.
- Diagnose salivary gland tumors of the oral cavity and understand the treatment implication of the various tumors.
- This Online Event will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your Online Event on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple Online Events, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH Online Event
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live OnlineEvent so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2015 to 10/31/2021
Provider ID# 208978