11 Days Left Until the Online Event
Nitrous Oxide Sedation 101 (An Introduction to Passing Gas)
6 Live CEUs
Date + Time:
Saturday, May 22, 2021
9:00 am - 3:30 pm EDTAdd Reminder 5/22/20219:00 am 5/22/20213:30 pm EDT Nitrous Oxide Sedation 101 (An Introduction to Passing Gas) This live webinar presentation is designed to expose the participants to the use of Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen sedation in their practices. Topics discussed will include a historical perspective, indications and contraindications of nitrous oxide sedation, patient evaluation, delivery systems, monitoring equipment, and the technique for delivery. The course content will be beneficial to both hygienists and dentists.
RDH or Aux. in attendance with Dentist: $130.00
Course DescriptionNitrous Oxide Sedation 101 (An Introduction to Passing Gas)
This presentation is designed to expose the participants to the use of Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen sedation in their practices. Topics discussed will include a historical perspective, indications and contraindications of nitrous oxide sedation, patient evaluation, delivery systems, monitoring equipment, and the technique for delivery. The course content will be beneficial to both hygienists and dentists.
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
- The History and Development of Nitrous Oxide Sedation
- Discussion of Pain and Anxiety Control
- Anesthesia Techniques
- Stages of Anesthesia
- Anatomy and Physiology Related to the Delivery of Nitrous Oxide Sedation
- Components of the Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Delivery Systems
- Fail Safe Mechanisms
- Indications and Contraindications for the use of Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Sedation
- Pre-sedation Patient Evaluation
- Patient Monitoring Systems
- Technique of Delivery
- Voluntary audience participation and discussion of treatment options
In addition to the everything we’ve talked about, there’s a few other things that’ll set the day apart:
- A spiral bound copy of the handout for the day! This will be mailed to you leading up to the day.
- We know it’s a long day! There’ll be plenty of breaks and a clear agenda.
- We’ll have a notetaker sitting in on the entire day! They’ll be diligently taking notes on the presentation. Within the next week, we’ll distribute a copy of the notes.
- A recording of the presentation will be made available. Please note CEs can not be awarded for viewing the recording. Attendees must be present for live event.
- Plenty of interaction and opportunity for Q&A. You'll be able to raise your hand, unmute yourself, and have a conversation with the presenter.
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Case studies will be used to illustrate the diagnosis and treatment of the most common medical emergencies encountered in a dental practice."
At the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Explain the Stages of Anesthesia and their Importance
- Explain the Mechanism of How Nitrous Oxide Exerts its Effects
- Describe the Physical Properties of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen
- Explain the Safety Features of the Delivery System
- Describe the Components of the Delivery System
- Describe the Indications and Contraindications for Using Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Sedation
- Describe the Critical Areas of the Pre-procedure Physical Evaluation
- Describe the Monitoring Equipment Necessary for Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Sedation
- Describe the Post-sedation Recovery Procedure
- This Online Event will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your Online Event on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple Online Events, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH Online Event
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live OnlineEvent so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2015 to 10/31/2021
Provider ID# 208978