Nicolaas C. Geurs D.D.S., M.S.
Dr. Nicolaas Geurs is Weatherford /Palcanis endowed Professor and chair of Periodontology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He received his dental degree at A.C.T.A. (Free University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands) in 1992. He completed his training in Periodontology and his Master’s in Clinical Dentistry at the University of Alabama at Birmingham from 1992-1995. He is a Diplomate and serves as an examiner of the American Board of Periodontology. He is committed to education in periodontology and implantology to both the dental students and post graduate students. He was the director of the advanced education program in Periodontology for 10 years. His research interest includes periodontitis and systemic health, periodontal pharmaco-therapeutics, regeneration, bone grafting, dental implantology, implant complications and maintenance. He has published on his research in the Journal of Periodontology, The International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, the Journal of Clinical Periodontology, Clinical Advances in Periodontology amongst others.
What People Are Saying
- "One of the best seminars I’ve attended."
- S.V., RDH (Lancaster, PA)
- "Great delivery of info. Enjoyed the evidence based info."
-RDH (Las Vegas, NV)
- "Speaker was fabulous, lots of information, explained well, love the take home materials."
- E.B., RDH (Tempe, AZ)
- "The information I have learned today was great & something that I can incorporate in my office"
- C.D., RDH (Bettendorf, IA)
- "Dr. Geurs was excellent!! Well spent Saturday with him, Thank you!"
- L.V., DDS (Sacramento, CA)
- "Very personable, good speaker and very knowledgable."
- M.H., DDS (Stockton, CA)