172 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Ten Things You Should Never Say to Patients: Communication Tools You Need
3 Live CEUs
Date + Time:
Saturday, October 30, 2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm EDTAdd Reminder 10/30/202110:00 am 10/30/20211:00 pm EDT Ten Things You Should Never Say to Patients: Communication Tools You Need Every superb dental professional needs two things - clinical or technical expertise and excellent communication skills. Clinical/technical expertise is not enough to build and maintain thriving patient relationships. This live webinar dissects some of the most challenging communication scenarios in the dental office, such as what to say when patients reject treatment recommendations or when discussing third party benefits and financial matters.
Course DescriptionTen Things You Should Never Say to Patients: Communication Tools You Need
Every superb dental professional needs two things - clinical or technical expertise and excellent communication skills. Clinical/technical expertise is not enough to build and maintain thriving patient relationships. This live webinar dissects some of the most challenging communication scenarios in the dental office, such as what to say when patients reject treatment recommendations or when discussing third party benefits and financial matters. Other topics include one-on-one communication about patient care issues, barriers to communication, developing a superb chairside manner, reducing disappointments, verbal and non-verbal communication, and using effective analogies to assist patient understanding in discussions about dentistry. You will learn useful information to improve your own communication skills which will help you build connected relationships and loyalty.
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
- Communication considerations and improving clinical outcomes
- The cycle of communication
- Barriers to communication
- Strategies for disappointments
- Using effective analogies is discussions about dentistry
- Verbal skills for promoting supportive maintenance
- Dealing with difficult patients – treatment concerns
- Promoting dentistry gracefully without being pushy
- Interacting with the angry patient
- Five essentials of a superb chairside manner
- The importance of listening
- Becoming the consummate dental professional
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
At the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Understand the cycle of communication.
- Implement new strategies for reducing disappointments.
- Recognize how to promote dentistry without using hard-selling tactics.
- Recognize the importance good verbal skills in patient interaction.
- Recognize barriers to communication with regard to patient care.
- Use effective analogies when discussing different aspects of dental treatment.
- Respond effectively to treatment concerns.
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2015 to 10/31/2021
Provider ID# 208978