23 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
The New Periodontal Disease Classification
3 Live CEUs
Date + Time:
Thursday, June 3, 2021
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDTAdd Reminder 6/3/20216:00 pm 6/3/20219:00 pm EDT The New Periodontal Disease Classification The 2017 AAP/EPF World Workshop on the Classification of Periodontal diseases represents a paradigm shift in periodontal care. The staging of the periodontitis and subsequent grading of the progression based on systemic and local risk factors are valuable for periodontal therapy. This course will set the stage for personalized care for patients with periodontitis.
Course DescriptionThe New Periodontal Disease Classification
Safe and effective periodontal therapy is challenging in the COVID era. The patient treatment needs for our patients has not changed. The 2017 AAP/EPF World Workshop on the Classification of Periodontal diseases represent a paradigm shift in periodontal care. The staging of the periodontitis and subsequent grading of the progression based on systemic and local risk factors are valuable for periodontal therapy. This course will present an easy to follow path to the correct diagnosis of periodontal diseases, and the stage and grade of Periodontitis for your patients. This course will set the stage for personalized care for patients with periodontitis. The course will be a case based discussion on diagnosis and individualized treatment planning utilizing the knowledge and tools provided by the new classification to provide periodontal and maintenance care. We will answer these questions about your patients. What new innovations are there to control biofilms and inflammation in initial therapy? Which patients benefit from regenerative care, or advanced periodontal therapy? How do we identify these patients effectively? When do we know we have optimized the periodontal health and what are the endpoints for treatment? Safe and effective care has a new meaning in the COVID era. The course will discuss how to minimize the number of visits and maximize the care. It will also discuss how to the adjust your therapy to minimize the risk for COVID infection in your office.
- COVID 19 and periodontal care
- The AAP classification outlined
- Grading and staging
- Periodontal risk assessment
- Individualized periodontal therapy
- Treatment planning
- Periodontal therapy in the COVID era
- Periodontal maintenace
- Assessment of treatment results
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
At the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Understand periodontal regeneration
- Understand treatment implications of the new classification
- COVID infection risk mitigation during periodontal care
- Utilize risk factors in periodontal therapy
- Understand the impact of COVID 19 on periodontal care
- Plan for personalized periodontal care
- Incorporate new treatment strategies in to your practice.
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2015 to 10/31/2021
Provider ID# 208978