37 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Diagnosis and Treatment of Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office: Part 1
3 Live CEUs
Date + Time:
Thursday, July 29, 2021
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDTAdd Reminder 7/29/20216:00 pm 7/29/20219:00 pm EDT Diagnosis and Treatment of Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office: Part 1 The 2-part webinar is designed to expose the participants to medical risk assessment, emergency medical equipment and drugs, and algorithms to treat medical emergencies in the dental office. The course content will be geared to the capabilities of a general dental practice.
Course DescriptionDiagnosis and Treatment of Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office: Part 1
The live webinar is designed to expose the participants to medical risk assessment, emergency medical equipment and drugs, and algorithms to treat medical emergencies in the dental office. The course content will be geared to the capabilities of a general dental practice.
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
- Assessing common chronic medical issues
- A stoplight approach to medical risk management
- Preventative strategies
- Creation of an emergency plan
- Staff responsibilities
- 360 communication
- Emergency equipment
- Emergency drugs and their use
- Scenario based simulated medical emergencies
- Emergency specific treatment algorithms
- Voluntary audience participation and discussion of treatment options
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Case studies will be used to illustrate the diagnosis and treatment of the most common medical emergencies encountered in a dental practice."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
At the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Employ a systematic approach to medical risk assessment
- Identify the most common chronic medical conditions
- Identify medical conditions that need consultation with the patient’s physician or specialist.
- Describe the methods of preventing of medical emergencies.
- Describe the basic and specific emergency medical equipment and necessary drugs.
- Have a medical emergency protocol in place.
- Define the roles of the office staff in an emergency medical situation.
- Have a systematic protocol to ensure all emergency medical equipment is in working order and medication expiration dates are routinely checked
- Have an understanding of the common medical emergencies encountered in a dental office.
- Describe the use of 360 communication during a medical emergency.
- Describe specific medical emergency algorithms for each emergency encountered.
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2015 to 10/31/2021
Provider ID# 208978