32 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Emerging and Re-Emerging Infectious Diseases
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 010/148
Date + Time:
Friday, June 24, 2022
11:00 am - 2:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionEmerging and Re-Emerging Infectious Diseases
This presentation has been updated from previous sessions in 2020. Dr. Molinari will present the most current information and will continue to update leading up to the day of this live webinar.
Infectious diseases described over the past 4 decades include those caused by newly discovered pathogens, as well as re-emergent infections caused by microbial mutation and drug-resistance. The latest example is the emergence and spread of SARS-CoV-2 virus and the resultant COVID-19 pandemic. The most recent epidemiologic and scientific evidence pertaining to SARS-CoV-2 disease will be presented during this live webinar, including progress in antiviral treatment, serologic testing and vaccine development.
Occupational risks for health care workers (medical and dental) will be featured, along with recommended modifications to infection prevention strategies. Other global disease challenges presented by widespread respiratory infections (influenza viruses, tuberculosis) and blood-borne pathogens (hepatitis B and C viruses and Human Immunodeficiency Virus) will also be discussed during the live webinar.
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
Overview of global disease status
Factors related to emergence of infectious diseases
Human demographics and behavior
Breakdown in public health systems and measures
Microbial adaptation and change
Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
Bloodborne viral diseases (Hepatitis B Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, HIV/AIDS)
Respiratory infections (Coronavirus, Influenza, Tuberculosis)
Contact-mediated infections (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus [MRSA])
Clostridium difficile-mediated enterocolitis
Challenges to infection control practices
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Describe major global and epidemiological factors which can lead to the emergence and re-emergence of infectious diseases.
- Understand current science-based information pertaining to SARS-CoV-2 virus and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Describe representative blood-borne and other airborne infections
- Comprehend occupational health care worker risks presented by these diseases
In addition to the everything we've talked about, there's a few other things that'll set the day apart:
What People Are Saying
- "I really appreciated Dr. Molinari’s expertise"
- "Dr M is always a great class and tops in his field- heard him multiple times over the yrs"
- "Loved that it was live and could attend from the comfort of anywhere."
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978
Provider ID# 208978