139 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Pharmacology and Therapeutics of Local Anesthesia: An Overview & Update
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 340
Date + Time:
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionPharmacology and Therapeutics of Local Anesthesia: An Overview & Update
Due to their potential for producing life-threatening systemic adverse reactions, a thorough knowledge of the pharmacological and clinical properties of local anesthetic agents is essential for their safe and effective use. This program will provide participants with an overview of the pharmacology and therapeutics of local anesthetic agents. Special emphasis will be given to those agents commonly administered in dental practice and patient management techniques necessary with specific disease states.
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
Local Anesthesia Pharmacology Basics
Biochemistry and Mechanism of Action
Review of Dental Local Anesthetic Preparations
Local Anesthetic Agents for Injection
Local Anesthetic Agents for Topical Use
Patient Care Considerations
Medical History Review
Significant Drug Interactions
- Absolute Contraindications
- Relative Contraindications
- Considerations with Epinephrine
The Medically Complex Dental Patient
- Patient Care Planning
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Differentiate between the two major classes of local anesthetic agents with respect to their distribution, metabolism and routes of excretion
- Specify the various local anesthetic agent combinations most commonly used in dentistry and the rationale for their use in specific clinical situations
- Explain the basic concepts of neurophysiology and nerve conduction and the mechanism of action of local anesthetic agents
- Discuss the rationale for the use of vasoconstrictors in local anesthetic solutions and their potential effects in common organ system disease states
- Discuss general adverse effects, contraindications and patient care considerations with the use of local anesthetics.
What People Are Saying
- "Viola displayed pure mastery of the material! Well done!!"
- "Great presentation, entertaining speaker"
- "Loved it! Dr. Viola is truly wonderful!"
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978
Provider ID# 208978