95 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Current Concepts in Clinical Management for Individuals with Specialized Health Care Needs
8 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 750
Robert W. Frare D.M.D.
Date + Time:
Saturday, November 12, 2022
9:00 am - 5:30 pm Eastern
RDH or Aux. in attendance with Dentist: $130.00
Course DescriptionCurrent Concepts in Clinical Management for Individuals with Specialized Health Care Needs
According to the World Health Organization, 15% of the world's population have a disability and are 3x more likely to be denied health care. Additionally, the care they receive is likely to be sub-standard.
In 2000, the first U.S. Surgeon General’s Report on Oral Health stated that persons with special health care needs suffer from both relatively poor oral health and problems accessing oral health care services.
This is an evidence-based PowerPoint presentation which is primarily meant for dentists, but will be helpful to any dental professional. It includes relevant concepts, management strategies, and real-world clinical encounters via a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance participants understanding and development of the skill set necessary for the comprehensive dental management of individuals with specialized healthcare needs.
- Current and future population trends
- Health disparities and barriers to care
- Definition of “Disability”
- Models of Disability
- Person-First and Identity-First Language
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Communication challenges
- Cultural Competency
- RELATED CONCEPTS TO DENTAL MANAGEMENT
- Antibiotic prophylaxis
- Tools and equipment
- Medical Immobilization/Protective Stabilization
- Assistive technology
- Treatment planning considerations
- Informed consent
- Silver Diamine Fluoride
- Buffered local anesthesia
- TREATMENT STRATEGIES FOR VARIOUS MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- Dental Anxiety, Fear, and Phobia
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Traumatic Brain Injury
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Identify current and future population trends.
- Examine health disparities and barriers to care for individuals with specialized healthcare needs.
- Define “individuals with specialized healthcare needs”
- Review related concepts for dental management of individuals with specialized healthcare needs.
- Discuss successful treatment strategies for patients with diverse medical histories.
What People Are Saying
- "Great information on different ways to handle patients with disabilities"
- "Very clear with information and explanations, especially when subject matter got very technical."
- "Dr. Frare seemed very sensitive to his patient's individual needs. He's very kind and patient."
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978
Provider ID# 208978