7 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Body of Evidence: Oral and Physical Manifestations of Disease
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 730
Dr. Nancy W. Burkhart Ed.D., M.Ed., BSDH, AFAAOM
Date + Time:
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionBody of Evidence: Oral and Physical Manifestations of Disease
This live webinar will provide a clear understanding of the demographics of patients that will occur during the next twenty years, along with the types of diseases/disorders that will become a focus for practitioners. The population will continue to age, and age-related, chronic diseases will become a focus for healthcare. This course will discuss autoimmune-type diseases, chronic age-related disorders and the cultural implications of health issues in a multi-complex society as these demographics continue to change. Varied product use for patients, coping strategies, exercise and nutritional components will change as well. Cancer considerations, oral disease states and the pathology related to these will be a part of this course.
So many diseases affect the oral tissues and may actually be found in the mouth before other systemic signs are identified. Dentists and dental hygienists are in prime positions to identify these disease states, treat patients and refer when the occasion arises.
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Improve your knowledge of what is gained through a tissue biopsy, immunofluorescence identification and the importance of submitting these correctly to determine or differentiate a mucosal lesion.
- Recognize our changing demographics and becoming familiar with cultural signs, product uses, and disease states associated with various cultural subsets of our global population that may not be readily identified.
- Adapt home care regimens to encompass mucosal disease protocol such as proper application of corticosteroids, brushing modifications and rinse regiments.
- Appreciate the rise in autoimmune diseases and certain cancers.
- Make your office a health-focused practice with patient education and patient follow-up for improvement of total patient health.
- Have an increased understanding of when a patient should be referred for further evaluation to a medical or healthcare professional.
- Appreciate the importance of a thorough head and neck exam for all patients in disease identification and oral cancer detection.
- Gain an understanding of key health factors related to aging and the increase of centenarians in global health.
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
What People Are Saying
- "Clear examples of disease and their oral manifestations"
- "Very informative and the pictures of all of the conditions and what to look for clinically were great!"
- "Dr. Burkhart seems very knowledgeable, credible, and kind."
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978
Provider ID# 208978