0 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Pediatric Dentistry for the Active Child
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 430
Stephen Mills D.D.S.
Date + Time:
Wednesday, December 7, 2022
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionPediatric Dentistry for the Active Child
Dentistry for Children is fun, varied, simple yet complicated, challenging, rewarding, and very very important. No short lecture on pediatric dentistry can cover all of the things which comprise this specialty, but this presentation hopes to focus on the things that a dentist will come in contact with the active child. The most in-depth focus will be on dental trauma and sports related items.
The presentation is organized by age dealing with the dental activities that highlight different age groups. The four basic age groups and the topics to be covered are; infants, age 0-2 (feeding, frenal attachments, nonnutritive sucking, and primary tooth trauma); Age 3-5 or preschoolers (Behavior management for in office restorative treatment, sedation and the new dental paradigms of caries treatment including minimally invasive techniques such as the use of Silver Diamine Fluoride and the Hall technique), Ages 6-12, Elementary school age (permanent tooth dental trauma, early intervention orthodontics), Ages 13-18, Adolescents and high schoolers.(sports injury prevention and athletic mouth guards, poor choices available to adolescents such as smoking, vaping and the use of sugar sweetened beverages).
Active kids are healthy kids and oral health is a part of total health. But understanding the world of the child is challenging and putting it in the perspective of how children stay active is useful to treating them successfully and enjoyably. This will be as evidence based as possible and almost all of the examples and cases were treated and photographed by Dr. Mills himself. These will be real life examples that all of the attendees can envision seeing in their own daily practices.
- Introduction and explanation of Pediatric Dentistry for the Active Child
- Infant Oral Health / Age 0-2 years
- Feeding issues and tissue attachments (Frenectomy)
- Non nutritive Sucking (thumb/finger/pacifier)
- The Age One Dental Visit / The dental home
- Primary Tooth Dental Trauma
- Preschool Age / Ages 3-5
- Behavior Management/ Sedation
- Modern Paradigm of Restorative Pediatric Dentistry/ New Techniques
- Hall Stainless Steel Crown Technique
- Current Primary tooth Pulp therapy
- Elementary School / Ages 6-12
- Arrival of Permanent Teeth
- Permanent tooth Trauma / IADT 2020 guidelines
- Case Studies viewing the patient as a total person with a future
- Adolescent and Teenage patients / Age 13-18
- Sports and injury prevention
- Risk of injury
- The Athletic mouthguard, history, types, effectiveness and fabrication techniques
- Teenagers making choices, tobacco use, vaping, sugar sweetened beverages,
- Sports and injury prevention
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Put the dental life of a child in context of their age and abilities
- Understand the infant oral health needs
- Become familiar with modern sedation guidelines for the child patient
- Become familiar with laser frenulectomies
- Familiarize with current Primary tooth trauma guidelines
- Understand the concept of minimally invasive dentistry for the child patient
- Learn the details of the 2020 IADT guidelines for permanent tooth injuries
- Understand the basic concepts of sports dentistry and how to prevent dental injuries in sports
- Learn about the modern athletic mouth guard
- Familiarize with the ideas of tobacco use, vaping, sugar sweetened beverages of all types, and oral health
What People Are Saying
- "Dr Mills was informative and entertaining! It is helpful to watch a webinar that is entertaining with an engaging speaker."
- "His slides were very helpful and informative and the case presentations were great! I enjoyed Dr. Mills' enthusiasm and appreciated his depth of knowledge on this subject. Would love to attend more of his live webinars."
- "Dr. Mills was informative and fun to listen to, never felt bored. He was quick and concise. He made the 3hrs go by fast!"
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978