71 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
The Downwind Effects of Mouth Breathing
1 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 130
Alyssa Stiles BS, RDH, COM
Date + Time:
Thursday, October 20, 2022
8:00 pm - 9:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionThe Downwind Effects of Mouth Breathing
While mouth breathing is common, it is not normal. Habituation of mouth breathing can have downstream effects beyond the oral cavity. In this course, we will probe into the causes of mouth breathing, the impact of mouth breathing on dental occlusion, the identification of breathing route, dental and GI disease mitigation in mouth-breathing patients, and treatment options—including orofacial myofunctional therapy.
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Identify at least 1 screening tool to detect breathing route and/or nasal patency
- Explain how mouth breathing can alter the gut microbiome and therefore affect overall body health
- Provide at least 1 recommendation to promote nasal breathing
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live webinar and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
What People Are Saying
- "Concord Seminars always provides excellent courses. Thank you and keep up the great work!!"
Carrie H. - RDH
- "I appreciate Concord Seminars presentations, speakers, easy access to CEs for affordable price--Thank you!"
- "Your seminars are always top notch. Materials are above the usual and nice to use to refer back to."
Rebecca W. - RDH
Syracuse, New York
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978
Provider ID# 208978