36 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Beating Up on Your Patient’s Periodontal Disease – A Minimally Invasive Approach for Doctors and Hygienists
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 490
James Kohner D.D.S.
Date + Time:
Wednesday, January 11, 2023
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionBeating Up on Your Patient’s Periodontal Disease – A Minimally Invasive Approach for Doctors and Hygienists
Doctors and Hygienists can learn together about an evidenced based approach to eliminating and controlling Periodontal Disease. This presentation will discuss a scientifically sound approach for effective control of all levels of periodontal disease using the non-surgical approach with scaling and root planning, or minimally invasive surgical intervention for more advanced disease. Both indications will be explained and published literature will be explained.
The presentation shows how adding chemotherapeutic methods that specifically target the periodontal bacteria will allow for successful management of everything from very advanced cases that might otherwise have been treated only with extraction, to more mildly infected cases that might traditionally be treated with non-surgical methods. In doing so, results will be improved over the classic surgical or SCRP methods, as those approaches may not kill all bacteria at the diseased sites.
These innovative methods will be explained by outlining both in-office procedures as well as specific, and simplified, anti-microbial procedures for the patient to do at home. By simplifying home protocols, the chance for increased compliance is improved and the chance for predictable clinical results is enhanced.
Treatment will be illustrated with step-by-step instructions, clinical photos, and radiographs, including clinical applications in dogs that also show excellent results. Cases will be shown and literature quoted to validate the procedures.
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- See why Periodontal Surgery or SCRP may fail.
- Learn to manage failed and failing cases.
- Improve diagnostic decisions
- See simplified oral hygiene methods that may be easier for patients to adapt
- Learn role of patient care at home as an integral part of treatment
- Learn to improve patient’s oral hygiene without nagging about brushing or flossing
Dr. Kohner’s presentation is of a lecture format that includes up to date literature evidence for his statements. Multiple case reports with radiographic evidence of healing will illustrate the potential for methods being discussed. Opportunities for questions will be available throughout lecture."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
What People Are Saying
- "The presenter shared his own personal chair side knowledge and successes from many years of practice, making me feel confident in his approach to managing perio!"
- "My office is mostly patients who have moderate- severe periodontal disease so I loved how this webinar gave me so much more insight how to treat my patients & to think about how I have been treating & helping my patients with their periodontal disease."
- "I liked the diligence of the presenter to backup the microscope and old school treatment of perio. Loved the less invasive treatment and good results. "
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978