47 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
TMD-TMJ, What is It All About?
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 200
Ann-Marie C. DePalma CDA, RDH, MEd, FADIA, FAADH
Date + Time:
Saturday, January 21, 2023
10:00 am - 1:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionTMD-TMJ, What is It All About?
Temporomandibular Disorders are a group of conditions, often painful, that affects the Temporomandibular Joint and the muscles of mastication. It has been estimated by the National Institutes of Health that approximately 10 million people are affected. As dental team members, many are unaware of the signs, symptoms, and treatments available for these patients. This course will provide dental team members, who may have only the basic knowledge of the TM joint, with a very detailed and informed presentation involving the structure and function of the joint, etiological factors of disease, examination and evaluation methods used, and treatment modalities offered. The role of the dental team in TMD will also be discussed. A personal discussion will also be offered.
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic review of the anatomy of the Temporomandibular Joint
- Identify the signs and symptoms of TMD (Temporomandibular Disorders) that can be recognized in patients
- Explain the possible etiological factors which contribute to the development of TMD
- Discuss the various methods of evaluation and treatment of TMD patients
- Discuss the role of the dental team in TMD in providing comprehensive care for TMD patients
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
What People Are Saying
- "Ann Marie was very knowledgeable. I LOVED the videos on how the TMJ worked and moved."
- "Ann Marie has a personal experience with the subject matter and has shared her outcomes and knowledge, it was a good learning experience for me."
- "Such expertise and personal experience on the topic"
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978