110 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
A Technology and Documentation Checkup
4 Live CEUs
Ann-Marie C. DePalma CDA, RDH, MEd, FADIA, FAADH
Date + Time:
Saturday, March 25, 2023
10:00 am - 2:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionA Technology and Documentation Checkup
This two-part program will review how teams utilize technology in their practices and delve into the importance of documentation in protecting the practice.
Practices are utilizing practice management software to enhance the patient experience and improve overall care. Most dental teams however are only surviving in the software and not thriving in its use. As dentistry moves towards the medical model of care, technology and software will become a more integral part of practice and patient care. As a dental team member, do you understand your software and technology or are you just surviving with it? This part of the program will review what team members need to know about practice management software and what data is important to the practice.
This is not a training program for any specific practice management software
After reviewing practice management software and technology, the second part of the program will review documentation. During the dental treatment plan process, dental professionals use ADPIE, Assess, Diagnosis, Plan, Implement and Evaluate. A sixth area, D, documentation, is an important component. Documentation is the process of detailing all of the components of the ADPIE in a condensed, consistent format. A new treatment plan process uses APIED (Assess, Plan, Implement, Evaluate and Document). Documentation represents a chronological history of the patient’s care and treatment. We will focus on the steps in documentation that can be applied to documenting patient information. You never get a second chance if your client/patient records are subpoenaed or requested.
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- discuss electronic dental records and how they enhance the patient experience
- review basic HIPAA requirements as they pertain to electronic dental records
- examine dental practice management software and key data the team should understand
- explain basic practice management principles as they relate to practice
- review ADPIE and APIED in the process of care
- discuss documentation and how it applies to clinical practice and patient care
- summarize steps for proper documentation to ensure patient safety, compliance and treatment
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
What People Are Saying
- "Very informative and well presented. Very clinically relevant."
- "Updated information and good graphics, nicely paced."
- "I appreciate the amount of information that was shared and presented today. This is very practical and will be used right away in the clinical setting."
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978