45 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Pharmacology Update for the Dental Team
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 010
Bradford Towne D.M.D.
Date + Time:
Friday, January 20, 2023
10:00 am - 1:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionPharmacology Update for the Dental Team
Today, pharmaceuticals are being developed and brought to market faster than at any time in recent history. This is particularly true for drugs used to manage or treat chronic health conditions. In this presentation, a review of some of these new drugs will be reviewed along with an update on some important drug classes that have been around for a while. One of the newer drug classes that will be reviewed are the biologics and what the potential implications are for our practices when patients present with a history of being on one. The latest info on the changing landscape of blood thinners and diabetic drugs will be covered. Another ever changing class of drugs are the OTC herbal drugs, which will be reviewed discussing those that are relevant to dentistry. Finally, a review of pain medication options and current best practices.
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Recognize the newest blood thinners and describe best practices in managing dental treatment for these patients
- Recognize what OTC/herbal supplements and their impact on patient treatment planning
- Describe current recommendations of the American Heart Association for antibiotic prophylaxis
- Understand the current joint AAO/ADA consensus recommendation for prosthetic joint prophylaxis.
- Describe best practices in pain management and differentiate between acute and chronic pain management
- Describe what biologics are and identify those relevant to dentistry and patient management
- Describe current best practices in managing patients on bisphophonates and other bone preserving drugs
- Describe the implications of drugs to manage insulin resistance as it relates to dental treatment
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
What People Are Saying
- "Practical, useful information. I particularly liked the Natural Medicine portion"
- "Good review of a wide variety of drug classes, good handout, kept things moving."
- "Great information critical for patient care. Presentation was concise and thorough as it relates to various patients medical histories."
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978