44 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Antibiotic Stewardship Practices in Dentistry: A Team Approach!
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 010
Marie Fluent D.D.S.
Date + Time:
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionAntibiotic Stewardship Practices in Dentistry: A Team Approach!
Antibiotic resistance is a major public health threat, with “superbug” infections occurring in 2.8 people in the US each year. Antibiotic misuse and overuse are the primary reasons for the development of antibiotic resistance and adverse reactions—most notably life-threatening Clostridioides difficile infection (C. Diff). The risk/benefit of prescribing antibiotics must always be considered before prescribing any antibiotic.
Antibiotic stewardship is the effort to measure and improve how antibiotics are prescribed by clinicians and used by patients. Appropriate antibiotic prescribing means prescribing antibiotics only when indicated, then choosing the right antibiotic, the right dose, and the right duration.
In this program, guidelines for use of antibiotics for prophylaxis and treatment in dentistry will be reviewed, and challenges to responsible prescribing will be discussed. Attendees will be provided with numerous clinical tips, tools and resources for all dental team members to promote antibiotic stewardship in their own practice.
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Describe how antibiotic resistance occurs and some of the most important antibiotic resistance issues
- Understand the impact that unnecessary antibiotic exposure has on patient harm including antibiotic resistance and Clostridiodes difficile infection
- Review guidelines for management of odontogenic infections and guidelines for antibiotic prophylaxis
- Identify key antibiotic stewardship issues in dentistry and provide approaches and tools that may be implemented by all dental staff
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live webinar and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
What People Are Saying
- "Dr. Fluent was very organized and informative during her presentation. Great charts. Great job!"
- "Easy to understand, excellent speaker and slides, some material I did not know! "
- "Loved the concise review—Always good, no matter how long we have been in practice"
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978