19 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Nitrous Oxide Sedation 101 (An Introduction to Passing Gas) Part 2
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 340
Steven Bookless D.D.S., M.B.A., S.A.
Date + Time:
Friday, February 24, 2023
10:00 am - 1:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionNitrous Oxide Sedation 101 (An Introduction to Passing Gas)
This 2-part (6-hour) live presentation is designed to expose the participants to the use of Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen sedation in their practices. Topics discussed will include a historical perspective, indications and contraindications of nitrous oxide sedation, patient evaluation, delivery systems, monitoring equipment, and the technique for delivery. The course content will be beneficial to both hygienists and dentists.
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
- The History and Development of Nitrous Oxide Sedation
- Discussion of Pain and Anxiety Control
- Anesthesia Techniques
- Stages of Anesthesia
- Anatomy and Physiology Related to the Delivery of Nitrous Oxide Sedation
- Components of the Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Delivery Systems
- Fail Safe Mechanisms
- Indications and Contraindications for the use of Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Sedation
- Pre-sedation Patient Evaluation
- Patient Monitoring Systems
- Technique of Delivery
- Voluntary audience participation and discussion of treatment options
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Case studies will be used to illustrate the diagnosis and treatment of the most common medical emergencies encountered in a dental practice."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Explain the Stages of Anesthesia and their Importance
- Explain the Mechanism of How Nitrous Oxide Exerts its Effects
- Describe the Physical Properties of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen
- Explain the Safety Features of the Delivery System
- Describe the Indications and Contraindications for Using Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Sedation
- Describe the Critical Areas of the Pre-procedure Physical Evaluation
- Describe the Monitoring Equipment Necessary for Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Sedation
- Describe the Post-sedation Recovery Procedure
What People Are Saying
- "Dr. Bookless answers your questions swiftly and is so informative in a way that’s easy to follow and understand "
- "The speaker explained the information concerning this subject in a manner that was easy to understand."
- "Dr. Bookless was an excellent presenter."
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978