10 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Healthy Mouth, Healthy Body!
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 490
Nicolaas C. Geurs D.D.S., M.S.
Date + Time:
Wednesday, April 5, 2023
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionHealthy Mouth, Healthy Body!
Oral health is important for the overall wellness. This course will outline how we as oral health care providers play an important role in the overall health of our patients. We have a long record of promoting Wellness in our maintenance programs seeing healthy patients with the objective to keep them healthy. The effects of periodontal infection and inflammation are not limited to the destruction of the periodontium. There is an increasing body of evidence outlining its influence on systemic health. Many systemic diseases have an inflammatory component to their pathogenesis and are impacted to increases in inflammation as a result of periodontitis. Bacteremia’s can occur in the inflamed periodontal pocket and can contribute to disease remote form the oral cavity. The course will illustrate the relationship between periodontitis on Cardiovascular disease, Diabetes, Pregnancy, Alzheimer’s disease, Osteoporosis and Rheumatoid arthritis and improving oral health improves these conditions.
The mouth is a mirror of the body and often displays symptoms of a systemic disease. We will discuss how we are important in the management and screening for diabetes, as well as the risk mitigating the risk for negative sequalae from osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease, and the prevention of adverse pregnancy outcomes.
Smoking and vaping have negative health consequences and behavior modification is important for treatment success. Novel concepts in oral hygiene and tobacco and vaping cessation will anchor our role as oral health care providers.
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Understand the pathogenesis of periodontitis and the interface with systemic health
- Periodontal inflammation and systemic health: What do you tell your patients
- Understand what systemic diseases have symptoms in the oral cavity.
- Learn how optimizing oral health impacts the overall health of our patients
- Incorporate wellness concepts into our maintenance practices.
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
What People Are Saying
- "I really liked this speaker. He was very clear and precise on all points. He answered questions well. "
- "Dr. Geurs was clear on his points and had wonderful information to bring back with us to the chairside"
- "The subject matter is tedious! Dr. Geurs managed to make it practical and relevant!"
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978