26 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Periodontal Disease Classification and Periodontal Therapy
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 490
Nicolaas C. Geurs D.D.S., M.S.
Date + Time:
Friday, April 21, 2023
10:00 am - 1:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionPeriodontal Disease Classification and Periodontal Therapy
The new Classification of Periodontal diseases represent an opportunity in periodontal care. The staging of the periodontitis and subsequent grading of the progression based on systemic and local risk factors are valuable for periodontal therapy. This course will present an easy-to-follow path to the correct diagnosis of periodontal diseases, and the stage and grade of Periodontitis for your patients. The diagnosis sets the stage for personalized care for patients with periodontitis. The course will be a case-based discussion on diagnosis and individualized treatment planning utilizing the knowledge and tools provided by the new classification to provide periodontal and maintenance care.
We will answer these questions about your patients. What new innovations are there to control biofilms and inflammation in initial therapy? Which patients benefit from regenerative care, or advanced periodontal therapy? How do we identify these patients effectively? When do we know we have optimized the periodontal health and what are the endpoints for treatment?
Please note this live, interactive webinar will have an Exit Exam for those that need it for CE requirements. The Exit Exam will be provided at the close of the webinar with the evaluation survey.
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
- The AAP classification outlined
- Grading and staging
- Periodontal risk assessment
- Individualized periodontal therapy
- Treatment planning
- Periodontal maintenance
- Assessment of treatment results
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Utilize risk factors in periodontal therapy
- Understand periodontal regeneration
- Understand treatment implications of the new classification
- Plan for personalized periodontal care
- Incorporate new treatment strategies into your practice.
What People Are Saying
- "I really liked this speaker. He was very clear and precise on all points. He answered questions well. "
- "I liked Dr. Geurs down to earth approach in presenting the facts and applying them to real life clinical situations, so it was clear and understandable. I appreciated his passion for his patients & expertise."
- "Dr. Geurs explained the new staging and grading classification very well."
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978