16 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Forensic Odontology: A fresh look at the modern applications of dental science to the law
2 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 145
Amber D. Riley M.S., R.D.H., FAAFS, FIACME
Date + Time:
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionForensic Odontology: A fresh look at the modern applications of dental science to the law
The roles that our dental professions serve for law enforcement and other forensic sciences continues to evolve. Forensic odontology contributes a scientifically sound method human identification, be it a single individual or a multiple fatality incident. We serve in critical positions of intervention when we are trained to recognize abuse, even in subtle, less obvious manifestations in the patients we see, our families, friends and communities. Forensic odontology serves missing person and cold case investigations, and in matters of civil litigation that examine the parameters or standards of providing dental care within the licensee’s scope of practice and much more!
This program includes media and discussion around topics including natural and unnatural death, physical and domestic violence, suicide and harm involving minors and adults.
This content may be difficult or triggering for some people. Please use discretion in attendance.
The presenter does not give permission for any photos, screen shots, or video recordings to be taken from any device of the clinical content of this program.
Please note this live, interactive webinar will have an Exit Exam for those that need it for CE requirements. The Exit Exam will be provided at the close of the webinar with the evaluation survey.
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Reinforce the value and dependability of accurate dental records to many matters of civil and criminal law.
- Be introduced to NamUs, the collaborative effort of County, State and National systems for the Missing, Unidentified, Unclaimed Persons and Missing, Unidentified and Unclaimed Indigenous Persons (AI/AN).
- Interpersonal violence recognition and indications of abuse and harm will be discussed.
- Develop resources as trauma informed health care providers to include, office protocols and action plans for employees, patients and your practice community to intervene when abuse is recognized or suspected.
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live, interactive webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
What People Are Saying
- "Great speaker, I will definitely take another course from Amber Riley!"
- "I loved the content Amber presented. Amber is very knowledgeable in this field"
- "Very detailed and concise, Amber was engaging"
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978