66 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Infection Control Update: During and After COVID-19
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 148
John A. Molinari Ph.D.
Date + Time:
Wednesday, May 31, 2023
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionInfection Control Update: During and After COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the delivery of health care. This live webinar will discuss the impact on dentistry by presenting the most recent infection control recommendations and regulations as they relate to dental settings. Discussion sections include hand hygiene, vaccinations, personal protective equipment (PPE), instrument reprocessing, environmental surface disinfection, and dental water treatment. Accumulated science-based evidence describing health care risks from occupational blood-borne, airborne, and waterborne pathogens will serve as frameworks for the presentation. Application of Standard and Transmission-based Precautions, PPE and air quality requirements necessitated by emergence of SARS-CoV-2 disease also will be considered in light of updated CDC, OSHA, NIOSH, and EPA publications. A major goal of this session is to help dental professionals increase their understanding of the “why” as well as the “what” of infection control procedures.
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
Current guidelines, recommendations overview & exposure control plan for dental practice - CDC, ADA, OSHA
Epidemiology and Current Status of COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 infection
Aseptic Techniques - hand hygiene
Post-Exposure Management Protocols
Personal Protection Equipment Updates - gloves, eyewear, masks
Instrument Sterilization & Processing
Environmental Surface Disinfection
Dental Unit Waterline Asepsis
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live webinar and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Describe application of standard precautions as the foundation of infection prevention
- Understand the most recent updates for CDC and OSHA infection control recommendations and regulations
- Describe the use of disposables and disinfectants used in environmental surface asepsis.
- Comprehend recommended transmission-based precautions associated with controlling aerosols and airborne pathogens
- Comprehend the most current vaccination recommendations for dental personnel
- Describe factors which can lead to dental unit waterline (DUWL) contamination.
- Describe challenges bloodborne and respiratory infections present to dental healthcare workers
- Understand the rationale for effective, hand hygiene procedures
- Describe recent technology advances and protocols for instrument processing and sterilization
- Comprehend practical strategies which can minimize DUWL contamination.
- Discuss epidemiology and current status of COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Understand how to effectively monitor reprocessing and sterilization procedures
What People Are Saying
- "I really appreciated Dr. Molinari’s expertise"
- "As always, he presents useful information in an easy to follow seminar"
- "I gained a better understanding of the COVID virus and Herd Immunology. Also, like the in-depth amount of slides."
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978