||Special Needs or Requests? Please call the office for assistance.|
Health, Safety, Protection and Infection Control in the Dental PracticeEmerging Infectious Diseases
Infectious diseases described over the past 5 decades include those caused by newly discovered pathogens, as well as re-emergent infections caused by microbial mutation and drug-resistance. The latest example was the emergence and spread of SARS-CoV-2 virus and the resultant COVID-19 pandemic. The most recent epidemiologic and scientific evidence pertaining to SARS-CoV-2 disease will be presented, including progress in antiviral treatment, and effective vaccines. Occupational risks for health care workers (medical and dental) will be featured, along with recommended modifications to infection prevention strategies. Other global disease challenges presented by widespread respiratory infections (influenza viruses, tuberculosis), blood-borne pathogens (hepatitis B and C viruses and Human Immunodeficiency Virus), and waterborne pathogens (Legionellosis) will also be discussed.
INFECTION CONTROL and OSHA During and After COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the delivery of health care. This seminar will discuss the impact on dentistry by presenting the most recent infection control recommendations and regulations as they relate to dental settings. Discussion sections include hand hygiene, vaccinations, personal protective equipment (PPE), instrument reprocessing, environmental surface disinfection, and dental water treatment. Accumulated science-based evidence describing health care risks from occupational blood-borne, airborne, and waterborne pathogens will serve as frameworks for the presentation. Application of Standard and Transmission-based Precautions, PPE and air quality requirements necessitated by emergence of SARS-CoV-2 disease also will be considered in light of updated CDC, OSHA, NIOSH, and EPA publications. A major goal of this session is to help dental professionals increase their understanding of the “why” as well as the “what” of infection control procedures.
Vaccine Recommendations: Science, Success & Myths
This seminar will consider vaccination as one of the most effective public health approaches for protection of both the general population and health care professionals. Updated science-and clinical-based knowledge for approved COVID-19 vaccines will be featured. In addition, information pertaining to vaccines used in the prevention of adult infectious diseases, especially those with increased occupational risks for healthcare professionals, will compromise a major portion of the discussion. Descriptions of available vaccines and emerging technologies will be presented to provide participants useful information when considering: 1. their own protection; 2. protection of the general public; and 3. vaccine requirements for individuals diagnosed with immune compromising conditions and diseases. Important information also will be included describing vaccine mis-perceptions and myths which can damage public health success against vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Emerging Infectious Diseases
- Overview of global disease status
- Factors related to emergence of infectious diseases
- Human demographics and behavior
- Breakdown in public health systems and measures
- Microbial adaptation and change
- Ecological factors
- Representative diseases
- Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
- Antibiotic-resistant infections
- Bloodborne viral diseases (Hepatitis B Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, HIV/AIDS)
- Respiratory Infections (COVID-19 [Coronavirus], Influenza, Tuberculosis)
- Contact-mediated infections (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus [MRSA])
- Clostridium difficile-mediated enterocolitis
- Candida auris
- Challenges to infection control practices
- Infection Control and OSHA During and After COVID-19
- Current guidelines, recommendations overview & exposure control plan for dental practice - CDC, ADA, OSHA
- Current Statistics - Hepatitis-C
- Aseptic Techniques - hand hygiene
- Post-Exposure Management Protocols
- Personal Protection Equipment Updates - gloves, eyewear, masks
- Instrument Sterilization & Processing
- Environmental Surface Disinfection
- Spray disinfectants
- Disinfectant wipes
- Dental Unit Waterline Asepsis
- Vaccine Recommendations
- Public health impact
- Principles and vaccine types
- Representative vaccines
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)
- Bacterial pneumonia
- Zoster (shingles)
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Public Health Knowledge
- Herd immunity
- Mandated requirements
- Vaccination science vs. myths
Dr. Molinari's seminar will use a traditional Power Point lecture format that will include microbiological, research, and other evidence-based clinical information to demonstrate and reinforce concepts. The presentation will also encourage audience participation in the discussion of appropriate infection prevention strategies for clinical settings. Participants will have multiple opportunities to ask questions during the course of the seminar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
COVID-19 POLICY: This in-person seminar will adhere to all current local COVID-19 guidelines to ensure the safety of all guests. In the event that this
seminar cannot occur due to COVID-19 group gathering restrictions, we will hold the seminar virtually through Zoom (dates may be combined to a single day).
If you do not wish to attend the Zoom live presentation, a full refund may be requested. Full refunds are only applicable if Concord Dental Seminars cancels
the in-person event as a result of COVID-19 related travel or gathering restrictions.
COVID-19 INFO: What to Expect the Day of: (As of 1/27) Currently, there is a city-wide mask mandate. Masks for guests are required at all times except when eating or drinking. We are working closely with the venue to ensure that all safety measures are in place for the duration of the seminar.
What People Are Saying
- "Dr. Molinari was well prepared, knowledgeable and kept our attention."
Michael G. - DDS
- "The speaker was awesome! Very informative. He's outstanding!"
Tasha D. - Office Manager
- "Excellent presentation + loved Dr. Molinari's sense of humor"
Bindi P. - DDS