28 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Lichen Planus, What Types am I Treating?
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 730
Date + Time:
Thursday, July 28, 2022
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionLichen Planus: What types am I treating?
Learn more about the various forms of lichen planus. Patients may have several types of lesions and sometimes it is difficult to know what treatment modalities to use, how to monitor them and what patient education should be provided. Home care for patients becomes extremely important in total patient care. Learn more about new treatment modalities on the horizon with current information from the World Workshop 2022 on Oral Lichen Planus. Some treatment modalities will be presented with new information from patient care rendered in other countries that we are learning more about.
Some patients complain that their quality of life is significantly altered by years of progressive lichen planus that is treated for years with little change in the progression of the lesions. Making some minor changes may have a huge implication in the quality of life for these patients. Sometimes a misdiagnosis enters the picture, and patients may see multiple providers for years before any change occurs. Only, to find out that they may need treatment for another mucosal disease instead of or in addition to lichen planus.
The International Oral Lichen Planus Support Group offers specialty referrals and treatment with those who are specialist in the areas of mucosal disease. The support group has been in existence since 1997 and offers a range of patient education information and webcasts through Texas A&M College of Dentistry, Dallas Texas.
Join us for facts, statistics, new treatment modalities, current patient protocol and discussion on this important topic.
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Learn the various types/forms of oral lichen planus
- Be familiar with the various treatment options both current and those on the horizon
- Apply successful homecare recommendations for patients
- Determine the role of follow-up procedures in long-term oral lichen planus treatment. Learn Why this is necessary
- Value the importance of patient education information
- Learn the new guidelines from the World Workshop 2022 for Oral Lichen Planus.
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
What People Are Saying
- "A national expert with years of experience covered a topic we deal with daily in Oral Medicine. Also, the opportunity to ask questions in real time was great."
- "Dr. Burkhart was very knowledgeable and informative."
- "The speaker was on time and showed videos that pertained to the topic"
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978
Provider ID# 208978