83 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Infection Control Update
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 148
Date + Time:
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionInfection Control Update
All clinical personnel in the dental setting are at risk for exposure to disease agents and other environmental hazards. With attention to infection control guidelines by CDC, risks to yourself, your patients, and other dental team members can be minimized. In this update, the scientific background behind infection control and safety regulations will be emphasized. Participants will be able to recognize strategies to break the chain of infection and prevent exposure to blood-borne pathogens and other infectious materials such as COVID-19 in the dental setting.
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Review agencies that impact infection prevention for the practice of dentistry
- List precautions necessary to prevent cross-contamination in the dental setting
- Explain the importance of a written office-specific infection control program
- Describe the rationale and protocol for effective hand hygiene for oral healthcare personnel
- Review the selection of personal protective equipment to be worn for patient care and instrument processing
- Describe policies and protocols for instrument processing and sterilization monitoring
- Discuss selection and use of disinfectants for environmental surfaces
- Discuss mitigation strategies for COVID-19 in the dental setting
- Describe strategies to minimize contamination of dental unit waterlines
- Identify resources and educational materials to support your infection control program
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live webinar and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
What People Are Saying
- "Dr. Fluent was very informative and kept things interesting"
- "Loved the concise review—Always good, no matter how long we have been in practice"
- "I had the opportunity to jog my knowledge about infection control. I also enjoyed being reminded of links that are available."
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978
Provider ID# 208978