26 Days Left Until the Live Webinar
Advanced Hygiene Therapy – Developing a Comprehensive Approach (Part 1)
3 Live CEUs
Subject Code: 490
Dianne Glasscoe Watterson R.D.H., M.B.A., G.C.-C.
Date + Time:
Friday, March 3, 2023
10:00 am - 1:00 pm Eastern
Course DescriptionAdvanced Hygiene Therapy – Developing a Comprehensive Approach (Part 1)
In treating today’s periodontal patient successfully, the clinician must customize a treatment plan that goes beyond the removal of plaque and calculus. Achieving excellent clinical outcomes involves assessing for systemic issues, communicating and customizing home care according to the patient’s level of understanding and ability to perform home care procedures, and choosing appropriate adjuncts to care. In this two-part live webinar, you will learn effective strategies for treating the periodontal patient from A-Z. You will gain a greater understanding of disease pathogenesis and progression and learn why an effective antimicrobial approach is an important part of disease control. We will explore the multi-faceted treatment planning approach that includes scheduling and coding, adjuncts to care, and choosing appropriate home care aids. We will examine documentation for periodontal care and explore strategies for dealing with informed consent and refusal of definitive care.
After attending this live dental CEU webinar, your continuing education verification form will be available in your online account within 2-3 business days. Once issued, you can access your CE verification form at any time.
Factors that can influence disease progression
Bacterial complexes and role of viruses
Pathogenesis of periodontitis
Inflammation and infrabony defects
Oral irrigation efficacy of various antimicrobials
Systemic diseases, conditions, and drugs
Local oral factors
Limitations of bleeding on probing as a sign of disease
Probing angulation and technique
The educational teaching methodology used in this course is a lecture presented via live webinar in concert with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation. Both the live lecture and the PowerPoint presentation incorporate a variety of audio and visual cues to enhance audience members’ understanding and retention of key concepts. In addition, audience participation will be encouraged and facilitated by group discussions as well as question and answer periods provided for at the conclusion of each section of the live webinar."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200
Course ObjectivesAt the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Understand the microbial and host factors involved in periodontal breakdown
- Dissect the pathogenesis of periodontitis
- Explore biofilm considerations and inflammation control
- Discuss various oral irrigants and their efficacy
- Choose adjuncts to care based on severity and appropriateness
- Explore the most prominent systemic disease interrelationships with periodontitis
- Understand the value of risk assessment as an adjunct to care
- Understand the limitations of bleeding on probing as a sign of disease
What People Are Saying
- "Very good speaker, explained well, and easy to listen to"
- "Dianne seems research driven and not connected to any company which is nice!"
- "The speaker, dianne Watterson was excellent!! She went at the perfect pace, not too fast or too slow and kept things entertaining with her great slides and stories. She presented information that I could go back to my office and implement right away. One of the best courses I have taken in my 22 years of practicing dental hygiene!!"
- This webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- After registering with Concord Seminars, you will receive an email to register on Zoom. Please click that link and register with Zoom ahead of time.
- After registering with Zoom, you will receive an email with instruction on how to access your webinar on the day of.
- If you've registered for multiple webinars, please note, you will have to register with Zoom by clicking the emailed link for EACH webinar
- Please Note - If you receive a welcome email directly from zoom, that email could mention time limits. Time limits apply if you are hosting your own meeting. You are participating in our live webinar so are not subject to that limit nor will you have to pay Zoom for more time.
- A link to your credit verification form will be available on your Account page, under the 'Previously Attended Seminars/Webinars' tab, within 5 business days.
Join our email list for information on upcoming events and special promos
Nationally Approved PACE Program
Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
11/1/2021 to 10/31/2027. Provider AGD #: 208978